Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dreams of yesterday

When I was a freshman in high school I wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force. As a approach my senior year of college I'm on course to receive my bachelors in Psychology on my way to a MA and PhD (from another university of course). Yet for some reason the ghost of my past dreams has resurfaced, and now I'm contemplating the USAF again. I don't know why, maybe it's all the military people I've encountered over the years. Whether its friends in ROTC, my best friend overseas, or the guy who's moving in with me next semester, I've been constantly reminded of my decision not to take the military route. Having so many reminders makes me wonder if maybe I should take that route again. Who knows what the final decision will be, but the picture got a little less clear lately. I'll figure it out eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I think its something you really did want to do. I think if you did it, and made it, you would be completely satisfied. But I also think its too late, only in the sense that the last reasonable time you could change the direction of your life will be in about 1 year's time.
    I took the military route, but the Army one, but even today I wish I had went AF

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks not knowing exactly what I should do. Guess that's the price of free will though, making one's own decisions. The potential to be right or wrong about any given choice can be very intimidating.

    ReplyDelete