Thursday, May 27, 2010

Being The Other Man

I'm the one who's there when he's not. Im' the one you come to when you don't want to think about how bad your relationship is or if you just want to forget about the troubles of life. I'm the one you feel no commitment to. I'm the one who only gets parts of you. I'm the reminder of your past who may or may not fit into your future. I'm the ghost that appears in your nightmares and the light that brightens up your day. I'm the one who does it like he never could. I knew you before he did. I loved you before he did. I'm the one who longs for more, but settles for less. I forget my morals and lay them to the side for you. I press my lips against yours, our bodies intertwine like a mosaic of mocha and peach. I make you feel loved, yet make you feel like a whore. I believe the words that come from your mouth because I close my eyes to your actions. I've made the same mistake that many men and women before me have made and I still come back for more. I'm the other man who may never be your only man.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a pretty sweet set up. should never want to be someone's 'only' if you know they are the kind of person to even have an 'other'

    ReplyDelete