Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Old Life

"Remember the old me?"

People talk about who they used to be and what they used to do a lot. Whether it's old guys talking about their glory days or friends thinking about the good ol' days this nostalgia strikes quite often. I'd lie if I said I never thought about my past life, but I'd also lie if I said I missed it. I look back at my job as an RA and realize it really held me back. I was in it for the resume more than anything. I enjoyed it the first year and thought it was the absolute best job any college student could have, which is why I did it again the next year. I couldn't imagine then how much that job was holding me back from better jobs and better opportunities around campus. Now I do, and I get to enjoy a job I'm much happier with, free time, and more of a social life that I forfeited for that job. Listen to "25 to Life" by Eminem from his recovery album and you'll understand how I feel.

1 comment:

  1. too bad your new job is basically a customer service rep for BELIAL!!!

    ReplyDelete