Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Temptations

Guess who's back...


I don't know how many people still follow this blog, but here's a little nugget for ya...

Anyone who's known me for any length of time knows that my favorite old school group is the Temptations. I really relate to their music even now, and I love their sound. That being said, there's always one thing that has really bothered me about them... The Temptations were always with the times, never ahead. They would keep their ear to the ground to follow the latest trends, but they never set them. That's why when people talk about the great groups from the oldschool they mention Sly and the Family Stone, Earth Wind & Fire, Marvin Gaye, etc. The Temptations had great songs back then, but they're only mentioned as a good group, not a great one.

I say that to say this: I've been different all my life. I've always been an outlier, never one to fit in. I'm not complaining about it because it made me who I am today. It allowed me to develop a comfort in being alone that I wouldn't otherwise have. BUT people who get too comfortable in that role are what we like to call Hermits. I've found that there needs to be a happy medium, and that's what I've been working towards as of late. It's been an interesting journey thus far. A lot has happened since September, and slowly, but surely, I'll fill you in. Until then, enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment