Monday, February 8, 2010

Financial Woes

"The best things in life are free, but you can give them to the birds and bees. I need money"


That's the first line in a song Barry Gordy wrote and released for Motown. I used to hate that song. It seemed like it was money worship. Now that I'm in a situation where I don't have any money at all, my perspective on the song has changed a bit. I always thought of Gordy in his current situation, a multi-millionaire who is well off. Why would he want money so much? Only thing is, when he wrote the song, he may have been worse off then I am right now. I have another interview, tonight at nine as a call taker for the University Police Department. I'm also supposed to have my second interview with Apple this week. I can't blame my lack of money on anyone but me. I really mismanaged the loan I got at the beginning of the semester. Partially because I didn't know how expensive moving into a new place could be, and partially because I didn't know it would take so long to find a job. Today is the first day since I moved in that I woke up not knowing what I was gonna eat. Fortunately, I have friends with meal plans, so I'll probably have to see if I can bum some of their dining funds. I hate having to do that, but I won't let pride get in the way of need. It's way too late to be prideful anyway. I guess the biggest issue is with the people that I know will provide the funds. One of them wants to sleep with me, and the other one is just really nice. I think her mom has been trying to get her to approach me, but she hasn't, which I'm thankful for. I can definitely see a light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't given up hope yet, and I won't. Things are hard right now, but they can only get better. I've noticed a lot of people on Facebook talk about just getting through this week. I wonder why this week is going to be hard for so many people. I'm not claiming that, I don't think this will be a hard week for me. By the week's end I could have a job, and be well on my way to getting out of this slump.

"Na na nana, wait till I get my money right"

No comments:

Post a Comment