Friday, February 5, 2010

Put up or shut up

Right now I'm laying in bed passing the time until Apple calls me for the interview. I had two interviews this past week and another interview Monday with the campus police. Unfortunately, I heard back from the two interviews and I did not get the jobs. I hesitate to say "unfortunately" because I want the Apple job more than any of the other ones. It'd be nice to have options though, you know?


After I got the rejection e-mail from the better of the two jobs, I was kind of disappointed. No one likes rejection on any level. Sometimes rejection is okay though. It forces you to keep your eye on the prize. The prize, of course, being Apple. I have to get this job now, I don't really have a lot of options anymore. I was distracted by mediocrity for long enough, now I have to do what I can to make sure I get this job.

How often are we as people distracted by mediocrity though? We put more energy, focus, and attention on the smaller, easier goals in life, and treat our passions as hobbies until they show promise. That's probably why so many people hate their jobs. Then again, there are probably just as many people struggling trying to get their dream job. I guess it's a risk you take. I say that I would rather regret something I did over something I didn't do. Action over inaction. Results over speculation. So yes, it sucks that I've been rejected twice so far, but before the end of the day, I will be getting interviewed by Apple, and I will do my best to ensure a second interview. That gets me one step closer to achieving the big goal. Time to put up or shut up, mediocrity isn't an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment